Our Safety Protocols
Learn more about how we minimize
the spread of infection and the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
As the world continues to experience COVID-19, Scarsdale and Yonkers Oral Surgery want our patients to know we are prepared and taking every measure possible to ensure your safety.
We require masks both in the office and in the building. Please keep masks on until directed to take it off by our doctors or surgical assistants. Before arriving at our office, each EVERY patient MUST SUBMIT a completed COVID-19 Health Questionnaire:
Check-In and Check-Out Process
In our non-treatment areas, we are increasing our diligence in wiping our counters and doorknobs multiple times during the day with disinfectant wipes. We have hand sanitizer available on the desk counter for your use as well as in each treatment room.
During this new normal with COVID-19, we ask our patients and families for the following considerations:
- We are limiting the number of family members attending appointments. Only those family members needed for the appointment (to accompany minors) will be allowed into the office. Anyone else should wait outside the building. We will call when the family member is ready once treatment is complete.
- If you or your family member has had any recent travel outside of the country or have come into contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please call and speak with us ahead of time.
- If any member of your family is feeling ill, please call our office to reschedule your appointment or your child’s appointment. Please do not come in to the office coughing or sneezing.
- We are going to minimize our team’s physical contact right now with patients and families, so we have asked our team members not to shake hands or hug.
Infection Control Protocols
We have always followed and will continue Universal Precautions for the welfare of our patients and staff. This includes:
- Wearing new, disposable gloves while treating each patient.
- Wearing a face mask covering our mouth and nose and protective eye wear while treating patients. We ask our patients and their guests to wear masks in our offices as well.
- Washing our hands or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer between every patient.
- Wiping the treatment chair, the counter tops and cabinets in the room after we see each patient with the highest-level disinfecting towelettes designed for hospitals and healthcare settings.
- Bagging and heat sterilizing all our instruments.
For over 20 years, Scarsdale Oral Surgery has played an integral part in the dental health care of so many people in Westchester. We can promise that our commitment and efforts to provide safe, cautious and effective care did not begin with COVID-19 and will continue to be our top priority. We will continue to monitor various dental and surgical association recommendations along with those of the CDC and other governmental departments and act accordingly.
We hope our efforts help put you at ease. Please feel free to contact our office with any questions or concerns you may have during this time.