Instructions Prior to Surgery
Please read these instructions carefully, and ask the office if you have any questions.
- Do not eat or drink (including water) for at least 6-8 hours prior to the appointment.
- Do not smoke for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- Wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes. Remove contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- Provide our office with a list of doctors you see and medications you take. If you take routine oral medications, please check with the doctor prior to your surgical date for instructions.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, and remain in the office during the procedure.The adult must drive the patient home.
- Any patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.